Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Travel Tip Tuesday



Complaint: "I hate sitting in the middle seat!' 
Who can't relate to this one? It's the reason we all leave gaps of seats between ourselves and other people at the movie theatre! We all love our personal space and when you get stuck in the middle seat you are robbed of all things personal (including a place for you to rest your tired arms). You look at the person sitting in the window seat and they are sound asleep with a place to lay their head. Then, you look to the person in the aisle seat and they have their leg stretched out into the aisle and their arms are resting so comfortably that you can almost hear them snore (I know arms don't snore, Im trying to illustrate how comfy that person is). Then you do a quick self evaluation and realize it feels as if you're giving yourself a big bear hug (bears don't hug either, see how that works). No place to lie your head, nowhere to stretch your legs, and surely nowhere to put your elbows. 

photo credit deborahfallows.com
Tip: This tip is not so much for the person in the middle seat (although I am your biggest cheerleader, use your elbows!) but rather the folks in the window and aisle seats. Let the person in the middle seat have an armrest BOTH armrests. To me, this seems fair. The person at the window gets the window + a place to lay their head. The person at the aisle gets a place to stretch their legs + they can get up whenever they want without feeling bad. Then YOU, the person in the middle, get 2 armrests. This makes everyone (in my idealistic mind) Happy, Happy, Happy (I'm a duck dynasty fan :D). Now see, we are on our way to happier travel already. 

Come on peeps, in the comment section leave me your complaints and your gripes. I know you all have them. Also, if you have any other tips regarding sitting in the middle seat share them with us in the comments section. 

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I love this, you should start making an announcement when you give the seat belt/safety talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, just found your blog! and am loving it...especially the flight attendance/airline stories : ) Can you do a post about flying with babies? I have a feeling I'll need to know what to/not do in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle! That's a great idea! I have quite a few tips for babies! I will definitely do at least one! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Love your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete